Guidelines to Submit an Article
FloridaSmart is built on the awesomeness and expertise of those who live and work in Florida. We are a community for Floridians and Florida business owners to share information about this Fabulous State.
What we are looking for
We accept contributed articles on anything and everything Florida! We are not looking for the ordinary and typical blog posts or articles. We want your experiences, your expertise, your humor. Something that has not already been published that is unique and engaging. We try to avoid negativity, though we understand that news can sometimes be anything but positive, we do strive to keep it positive.
When submitting content, it is best to choose a topic which you have expertise, sources to backup any facts. You may include personal opinion or experience provided it is stated that way. We want you to submit articles that show your expertise to help promote your business, blog or organization. For example, real estate agents, submit articles about the area you serve or real estate news in Florida. If you have a blog, submit unique content that is similar to what you blog about. You get the idea. We are here to help you promote your business and expertise by sharing and networking on our platform.
Our Readers Love Lists
Listicles are an extremely popular way of presenting content to our readers. Lists tend to keep readers engaged and interested. Consider whether your content should be written as an article or list. For example, if you have insider tips for avoiding long ride lines at Disney World, it would very likely be better written as a listicle presented as “10 insider tips to avoid long ride lines at Disney” in order to engage more readers.
So what are you waiting for? Join the FloridaSmart community and share what you know.
Here’s how it works
- Sign up for a FloridaSmart account if you do not already have one.
- From your user dashboard, “Submit Article” and enter your content.
- If we decide to publish it, it will list your username as the creator along with your website (or other social media site) to help you get more exposure for your business or website.
- If we don’t think it is something our readers will love, we will let you know and you can give it another shot.
We do not have a long list of rules. It is really simple.
Submitting Articles & Listicles
- Submit your own original content that you think others will love to read or know. Do not submit someone else’s work or work that you have posted on another website. Our editors will check your content against what exists on the web for copyright infringement and we will not accept content that does not pass our stringent search.
- If you are citing sources, use quality sources where the facts can be verified.
- Do not submit false or misleading information.
- All submission should be between 500 – 1500 words using a high standard of English grammar. Listicles should have a minimum of 30 words per list item plus an intro paragraph.
- No profanity (unless it is a quote from a source, in which case we will obscure parts of the words).
- No porn.
- No haters or trollers. Do not submit content that is meant to deliberately antagonize, attack or hurt others.
- If you are submitting an Article or Listicle and you have your own images that you took with your own camera and you own the copyrights to the images, you can include them with the Article or Listicle submission. We do not promise to use them, but we will consider them. We will not accept submitted images from other sources.
- Don’t worry, if you do not have the images, our editors will add images from one of our image partners. If you are doing a list that includes links back to a page or youtube video, just include the URL of the picture or video and our editors will check them out for inclusion.
- Any images that you send that are your own copyrighted images, must be sent with all rights granted for use on our website, social sites and any other media associated with our website or content.
When you submit content, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to our user agreement and privacy policies posted on this site.
Due to a large number of submissions we receive, we may not get back to every submitter if your article is not accepted. Please do not take it personally and feel free to submit another article or re-submit your re-worked article after 30 days. There is no guarantee of acceptance and we will not negotiate or discuss rejected submissions.
Reasons we may not publish your submissions:
- Similar posts elsewhere on the web
- Content is not unique
- Subject is already covered on this site
- Not enticing enough to excite readers
- Too many errors
- Poor grammar
- No sources provided for factual content
- Wrong time of year for submission
- Defaming Remarks or Opinions
- Talking down to readers
- Plagiarism Spam – too many submissions in one day or week. Please limit your submissions to 5 per week unless you receive prior approval.
FloridaSmart is all about people sharing their stories, sharing their knowledge and sharing their tidbits of information to help other Floridians and travelers find the best information from those who are truly in the know.
Share Your Florida Passion. Be sure to Register first on FloridaSmart.com, then click here to submit your information to signup to join our team. Once you are approved, you will be able to login to FloridaSmart.com and submit articles from your user account.
Note: if you have already been approved as an editorial creator, click here to return to your FloridaSmart.com user account where you can add content.